Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trade Book Activity


Today in my Science Methods course, we had to present our Trade Book activity. I had chosen a trade book that had tied in with the science course and what we had learned. I had created a Book Trailer to present to my colleagues. The trailer I included was on an animoto. I created an animoto about the book and some essential facts that had occurred. This video included sound to keep the students engaged. After the video, I discussed the book and what I would do with it when I am a teacher. Some things I discusses included:

- What projects I may do with this book topic.
- How I would introduce it to the students.
- What students would find interesting in the book.
- What age group this book is best for.
- Important parts of the book.

For projects, I would allow students to create their own posters of a food chain and food web. Looking through the different examples in the trade book, the students would have to pick examples they would make on their poster project. I would introduce the book to students in a way that will keep them engaged and focused. I would show them different pictures and discuss the facts. The students might find the images in the book interesting as well as the facts about the different animals eating other plants or animals. This book would be best for a fourth or fifth grade class. 


1 comment:

  1. I like that you chose a book that went along with the science course and how you mentioned how you kept the students engaged with the video. I wish that you had told more about how you would introduce the book to the kids and what the students would find interesting about it though!

    ReplyDelete